Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's a Twofer!

I was born on Mother's Day =-) How's that for a surprise gift!

So my birthday has always been intertwined with a Mother's Day celebration. It's not a bad thing - it's a busy time of year in general. I also went to prom on my birthday and graduated from college on my birthday. It's a fun day to share!

I had a GREAT time with my mom and sisters today. My entire family met for lunch in Grapevine to celebrate with my dad's mom. I love Mamaw. She is a really great lady. My dad is just like her. They are very chill. Take things in stride. After lunch, my sisters and mom and I, along with my aunt Dinah and cousin Ragan, walked around Main Street in Grapevine. My mom has always wanted to do this, and we had a great time! Not every shop is open on Sunday, and my favorite shop, Gypsy Muse, is unfortunately one of those shops. But I still found a really sweet necklace and, believe it or not, a Christmas ornament. It was $3. I couldn't resist. And when we were done window shopping, my aunt recommended a funky little popsicle shop. Turns out they also had slushes and shaved ice. We all got shaved ice and it was AMAZING! It's called the Pop Shop (I think) and I HIGHLY recommend the mango shaved ice with coconut cream. Delicious! Here we are before we left the restaurant.




















But today was only the tip of the iceberg! 32 was a GREAT birthday! Brett's gift to me: A NEW PHONE!!! I got my first ever iPhone, and I am LOVING it! It is so nice to have a phone that works. All day! I had forgotten what it is like to have a reliable phone. And we ended up getting a WAY better deal than we expected. We picked it up Wednesday night after dinner with my parents, so it was like my birthday began two days early. I'm having fun getting to know my phone =-)

Thursday I had the day off. They give us an extra day off for our birthday. Friday was my actual birthday, but it was also Mother's Day Tea Parties at our school, and I can't miss a party day. So on Thursday, I got up after Brett left for work. I added a few phone numbers to my phone (they didn't transfer automatically) and checked my email, then went to run some errands. My goal was to find a few things for Brett. There is a certain kind of shirt that he loves, and he could use a few new ones. So first I went to Kohl's, where I found 3 shirts for Brett and a pair of sandals for me. Then I went to Wal-mart, where I found underwear for both of us, 2 dresses for me, shorts for Brett, shoes for me and a sweater holder for my closet. It was the best trip to Wal-mart I've had in years! These dresses are adorable! And they were $17.97. I couldn't believe it!

Then I went to lunch with Jennifer at my favorite Italian restaurant. We stayed and chatted for 2 hours. It was delicious and SO good to catch up!

After lunch I went to Ross to look for a basket, which I found. Then I went to Target for a phone case, which I found. I also picked up some ice cream. At that point, it was raining pretty hard, so instead of continuing my errands (I wanted to go to Grapevine Mills to look for a dress to wear in Jenna's wedding) I went home to enjoy some ice cream and watch a movie. I watched My Week With Marilyn and thought it was really good.

When Brett got off work, the rain was gone, so we went to Grapevine Mills and picked up three new Lego key chains. Have I mentioned I collect Lego key chains? I think they're funny. I picked up Loki, the alien from Toy Story and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Michelangelo. Then we went to dinner at Cotton Patch Cafe. It was tasty!

Friday, my actual birthday, was fun. Work was busy, but nice. It was the last day of teacher appreciation week. Our parents are SO SWEET! After work, Brett and I went to Southlake to have appetizers and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory, and then to see Gatsby. Our friends, Kalie, Danielle and Robin, joined us and it was so much fun! The movie was a little weird, but I'm glad that I saw it.

Here is a picture of Brett and I at dinner. I took this picture on my iPhone - I LOVE having a phone that takes decent pictures. Another first.



















My birthday was awesome, but I am glad it's over. I have been WAY too spoiled. And as you can tell from this post, I have been more than flexible with Weight Watchers. I'm ready to be back on track. I'm going back to water aerobics this week. Jenina, want to come?

Here's to 32! I'm looking forward to a great year!

No comments: