Saturday, May 4, 2013

32... oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Did you know my favorite number is 32? Jenina always thinks it's 28. But she associates the number 28 with me, because when I first started to attend the singles group at my old church, and she would ask me how old someone in the class was, I always said, "I think 28". It didn't take long to realize that I thought everyone was 28. They may still be. But she's wrong - 28 is not my favorite number. It's 32. Say it - it feels like a kiss =-) It's my fave.

Next Friday, I will turn 32. My favorite number. For some silly reason, the thought of turning my favorite number has filled me with a sense of anticipation and excitement. Like this is the year I've been waiting for. The year I will become who I have always been waiting to be.

Just the sound of that sentence makes me gag. I don't want to live my life waiting to be anything - though I guess every day, we are becoming who we are going to be. But you know what I mean. I don't want to wait for my life to happen. I want to live each day.

That being said - I am really looking forward to this year. I am slowly dropping weight. Going back to water aerobics this week. And Brett and I are hoping to start a family. What if I were pregnant this time next year? It's hard to imagine. And hard not to imagine at the same time.

Friday is my birthday, and on Friday, Brett and I will be going to The Cheesecake Factory for appetizers and dessert, and then to see Gatsby. A few friends are meeting us, and I'm excited about enjoying the evening with people I love.

I have Thursday off. We get an extra vacation day for our birthday. Friday is our Mother's Day parties, and as I am the only non mother in the office, it would be wrong of me to not be there that day. I want to make sure all of the mom's get to enjoy the party with their little ones. So on Thursday, I will be lunching with Jennifer, which I am very much looking forward to. And I will be going to purchase my gift from Brett - A NEW PHONE! Oh goodness, it's time. My phone is barely hanging on. And my new phone will be my first iPhone. I'm so excited! I am hoping to do a little shopping that day as well. We'll see how that turns out.

This week is Teacher Appreciation week, and that is always a fun encouraging week at school. I hope there are good moods everywhere! It's a hard week food wise, but I am not going to beat myself up too much. I will stop when I'm full and try to eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies this week. And drink a lot of water. If I can do those three things this week, along with starting back at water aerobics, it will feel like a win, even if I don't have a loss.

I hope everyone is enjoying May so far! Enjoy some tasty Mexican food tomorrow - happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: