Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Song For the New House:

"You make me feel like packin'! I wanna pack the night away."

This is seriously what was going through my head while I packed tonight. What a weirdo.

I do feel like packing, but I'm at a weird place where I've packed most of the non-essentials... this weekend I am going to buy plastic plates and cups so I can pack our dishes, but for now, I only have a few other things in the kitchen that are ready to pack, and I need a smaller box for them. I wish I had kept the box for our stand mixer. That thing is a beast! Looking forward to having more room for it in the new kitchen. In our current kitchen, it just sits in the corner holding dust. If I pull it out of the corner, it will take up the whole counter. So I have used it twice since we got it... almost two years ago.

I could take pictures down, but that would make me sad. I can't live with completely blank walls for two weeks. I need to go through the closet... there are probably some clothes I could donate. Our closet space will be shrinking, so I shouldn't take anything that I don't think will get worn. A lot of Brett's shirts need replacing, but I don't want to get rid of them until we can afford some new ones, ya know? There is still a book case to pack, but they are all Brett's books, and I think he would rather pack them himself. I could finish unloading the DVD player, but I'm not in the mood to listen to the video game that Brett is playing right now. I'm listening to 500 Days of Summer, one of my current faves. Not sure it will cross over into the all-time favorite list, but I really like this movie right now. I practically have a seizure during the dance scene. I love it so much, I just don't know how to react! And I didn't have a great day today (probably just the PMS) so I would rather listen to this right now.

So, I pretty much just spent this blog talking to myself, but I wanted to think about what to pack next! I came to the following conclusion: pack later, watch movie now.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

A new home! How exciting! I hope all went well with your move!