Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blank Walls

I can't believe we are moving this week. It's two different concepts: moving to a new place, and leaving an old place. I have thought a lot about moving to the new place, but not much about leaving this place.

I am 100% sure that we are ready to leave this place. We have outgrown this apartment. Literally. We were overflowing. Things were no longer always in their place because there were too many things and not enough places. But still, I have enjoyed this apartment. I would have loved it even it were just me here. I like the layout, I love the closets, I love the creek outside... I love the old man in the office, Bud, who tells me good job every time he sees me out walking. Everything about it is a good fit for me. But more than that, it was our first home, Brett and I. Tonight, I was packing in the kitchen and stopped to smile while I washed our utensil holder. It was one of those "little things" that we "needed" when we first moved in. I have a list in my purse of things that we need when we move into the house. Some little, some not so little. But in a few years, they will be insignificant non-essentials that I pack in a box with the last of the Tupperware and my non-stick skillet.

I am sick this week. I have been trying to deny it, but it's true. I've had a low grade fever the last two days, and my right tonsil is so swollen it grosses me out to look at it! I have been checking it every morning because we've had a few kids turn up with strep at the school. I don't really know what I am looking for when I check my throat, but I've been told that strep would show white spots. Today though, my tonsil no longer looked like a brain, it looked like a melting brain because it is swollen so much that it is going towards the back and down my throat. Ew. I just have to make it one more day though. One more day of work and then the move!

We thought we were going to have a good group of movers. Me and Brett, then my mom, all three sisters and two brothers-in-law. But one of my sisters dislocated her knee, another is working all day, and the other is working til noon. So it will be me and my mom, and then Brett and the brothers. I'm sure we'll be okay, but it's not the most comfortable group of people... I am off on Friday though, so I may be able to give us a good jump start. I hope. Either way, it will all be over soon.

Who knows when I will be able to blog again. We won't have internet in the new house until next Wednesday. Is that right? Maybe Tuesday. I forget. But I'm sure I will report on the move, and give way too many details, like I tend to do.

Peace out players!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Praying for you guys! And get some antibiotics for that strep! It can ruin your singing voice if it goes too long!Love you!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry I can't help move. :( I don't think the baby would be too happy about that.