Monday, February 8, 2010

Better... I Think

Well, I made it through Monday. I tracked my food today in the WW food journal that I purchased yesterday, but I had to estimate on my lunch. It was leftovers from Friday night's dinner that I couldn't eat because I'd already eaten. I couldn't find nutrition information on this pasta dish, but I estimated 10 points and I think that was pretty close. Since I didn't make it to the grocery store this weekend, I didn't have any fruit or fixin's for the day so it was okay that my lunch was more pointy than usual. We had tostadas for dinner and they were awesome! I tried an organic lean beef and it was tastier than the usual ground turkey. I think that I ended the day with a couple of points left over, which kind of seems too good to be true because my meals were all really good. But I don't think I left anything out... Either way, the day is over, I'm done eating and I'm planning for tomorrow.

I went to the store after work today. Didn't make it home with any fresh veggies other than some awesome hearts of romaine that were on sale at Kroger, but I have a decent selection of fruit. Fruit is usually my daytime snack. Tomorrow, I will have a small orange, three strawberries, 2 grapes and 2 raspberries to snack on. I bought 4 oranges and a mixed fruit cup... that should do the trick.

My stomach is still recovering from this weekend, but hopefully by this time tomorrow, the bad stuff will all be out of my system. Jenina and I are walking after work so I should get home with just enough time to make stuffed pork chops before Brett gets home at 8. Wednesday night I have class, so I will probably take a sandwich and a mini bag of Baked Lays to eat in the car on the way... I don't feel as prepared as I could be, as far as food for the week goes, but for shopping on a budget, I did pretty okay. Next week I will spend a little extra so there is no reason to fear.

I also cut all of my hair off. Not in a "Deb" way (shout out Kelly!). Just in a "I seriously need a change" way. I love a good haircut. And I think this will turn out to be a good haircut. I just had it cut yesterday afternoon so today was my first day to wash and dry it. It was a little poofy this morning, but as the day progressed, I was mostly pleased.

In OA they always used to say that you can't start climbing back up until you hit rock bottom. This weekend was certainly not my rock bottom (miles above it, actually) but it was the lowest I have been in quite some time. The pain of that lifestyle is so real to me that my body cringes away from behaviors that could pull me back there. I can't believe it's so easy for me to slip and take a few steps down that path. But when I come to my senses and realize where I am, I back track as quickly as possible. I will pay the price for a few days, but I hope that it moves me in a positive direction for a while.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel like I've said that a lot lately. Which means I have been complaining a lot lately. I'm sorry. I'll see what I can do about that. But thanks anyway =-) You make me feel human.

P.S. Brett had a good day at work. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Glad to hear things are on the upswing. And I'd love to see some pics of the new hair. I think new haircuts are the start of something great for everyone. Keep up the hard work. Know you are being prayed for from far away.

Love you!