Friday, December 18, 2009

Weekly Weigh In 12.18.09 - Thankful for a Loss!

Well, last weekend I did EXACTLY what I said I didn't want to do. I used lots of "flex points" and went up like 3 pounds or something crazy like that. Last Friday I was at 235.2. I wasn't back down to 235.2 until yesterday morning. Today I am 234.8 and I am thankful for the loss. I will do my best to not repeat those mistakes.

This weeks challenges are:
1) We are having our Christmas with Brett's mom Saturday night. Originally we were going to have Christmas dinner at her house, but because of some work she is having done at her house that day, she decided it would be easier if she just took us to dinner. Very nice of her! We are going to one of my favorite restaurants, so I am glad that I am going to eat something that I have been craving (hopefully I won't think about it again for a while) but I need to be careful to not eat more than I need to. It's crazy how fast your tummy can feel full when you are paying attention.

2) We don't have much money. And we're in need a few non grocery items. I am going to have to be REALLY careful grocery shopping. I want to have good choices in the house, but we are incredibly limited with our funds this weekend. We both get paid next Thursday, so it's not a full week of lunches to plan for, and because of the three holiday meals (maybe four) that we have interspersed over the next few days, we have a few less dinners to worry about also.

I would like to say that I will continue to post losses over the next three weeks, but the holidays are tricky. I would LOVE to keep losing, but I would also be thrilled to maintain. I'm not going to overreact to small gains, but I don't want to completely ignore them either. I want to react properly.

Okay, I want to be on time to work today so I am off to start my day. Work has been exceptionally difficult recently. I am praying for peace and productivity today.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey, you are moving the scale in the right direction! Celebrate that!! Sometimes we have to really celebrate those "smaller" victories (although I think and loss is a good loss!!).

Keep it up! It's going to be a hard week for me, too, so I'll be putting good vibes out there for both of us! Just do the best you can and love yourself no matter how the scale goes!