Friday, September 18, 2009

Reunion Jitters

I've been trying not to talk about it because I get nervous when I think about it, but I need to get some jitters out. Tonight is my ten year high school reunion.

Oh dear. Why am I so nervous? I honestly don't know. Thinking about being around people that I knew when I was 16 brings to mind all of the insecurities that I had then. The awkwardness, both socially and physically, the out of control emotions and, let's be honest, the acne! Adolescent girls. Man. We live tough lives! And I'm not sure that those insecurities ever really go away. Maybe some of them are overcome, but I think most of the time, we just learn to cope with it. Like walking with a limp. You get used to it eventually. But deep down, we all just wish we could turn invisible at will...

Ugh. I feel sort of sick just thinking about it. Why? I have no idea. I mean, sure, I wish I were thinner and prettier. But I don't care that we aren't rich. I'm married to the love of my life, and we don't live glamorous lives, but we are very happy. So what's the deal? What am I afraid of?

One of my BFFs Jeff is in charge of it. If he weren't, we might not go... I'm not sure it's worth the stress. PROBABLY it will be fun. PROBABLY we'll have a good time and think back and laugh about how nervous I felt. Probably.

I'll let you know tomorrow night when it is all over!

Go Tigers.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I'm not even sure what the deal is about my ten year reunion. Who knows when or where it will be. I might regret it if I didn't go, so I'll probably go. Have fun!!!