Thursday, September 17, 2009

Much Better

I've said it before. A good friend is like good medicine. And last night I got to spend time with two of my best friends! My husband and Jennifer!

My day did NOT get better yesterday, but it's over now, and the confusion and madness which took place shall not be spoken of again. I let it go. Deep breath!

But last night things started to improve as soon as I was home. I was not feeling chatty but Brett was happy to tell me about his day and his new game and let me just listen. I had to do dishes before I could start dinner, but dishes are a calming chore for me. I like loading the dishwasher. It reminds me of loading the kiln in my pottery classes.

Then... drum roll... I finally didn't overcook our pork chops! TADA! We have 4 or 5 meals that we pretty much visit twice a month, and pork chops is one of them. We bread them in stuffing and bake them in the oven. They are good even when I let them cook too long, but last night. Ah! They were so juicy and not tough at all! I was pretty pleased.

After dinner I headed to Starbucks for a pumpkin latte (with a rice crispy treat, which as the cashier said, is truly a smile bringer - especially when they are made with Fruity Pebbles!) and a nice chat with Jennifer. Poor Brett probably gets tired of hearing me vent about work and other crazy things in my life. And he can only say so much about it. It's good to able to talk to another person. Get another perspective. And it was SO good to hear that she is liking her new position in the school district! Jennifer was an amazing teacher, but in her new position she gets to do technology stuff (which she is REALLY good at, by the way) and library stuff which means that she gets to interact with EVERY teacher and EVERY student AND play with fun books! Hello! Who would not want this job? I am so happy for her!

And to top it all off there was a nice soft rain. Really soft, like a heavy sprinkle. It was nice and cool outside... I even drove with my window cracked a couple of inches to let some fresh air in. I turned up the volume on my new Coconut Records album, which I am liking more and more every day, and I just let my mind decompress. It came just in time. I was ready to explode. Sigh.

I had just enough time to run into Target when I was done. I didn't really find what I was looking for, but I found a sufficient substitute. I need storage for my new crafting goodies! What I found didn't solve the problem completely, but it made a big improvement to my crafting area, A.K.A. our dining room table. Now if I can just get the embellishments out of my fruit bowl. They are freaking out the apples...

Off to start another day! This one is already an improvement over the last!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am SO glad I got to see you last night and glad it's going to be a regular date!

Kriss said...

Oh my goodness, it's 3am and now you have me wanting to go to Walmart and get fruity pebbles. My kids would freak out if I made those for them. :)