Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The New TV - Two Thumbs Up!

So I think that I've mentioned that two weekends ago we bought a small TV. I can't remember now if it is 22 or 26 inches and I am way too lazy to go and find out, so I will say it is 26 inches. I am pretty sure that is the case.

We bought it to be Brett's new computer monitor. His old one was working just fine, but it was HUGE and clunky. And actually, he had 2. One for his computer and one for hooking up a couple of old gaming systems to for occasional classic game time. Well, we really wanted to have a permanent home for those two old systems. (A Sega Saturn and a Dreamcast... I think.) But they wouldn't fit into our home entertainment system. Already too many peas in that pod. So we started talking about maybe buying a small TV that he could use as a computer monitor, but also have those two systems hooked into full time. We thought that if we found the right TV, it could also be something that we occasionally bring into the bedroom to watch a movie or something. Neither of us really want a TV in the bedroom full time, but we like the idea of being able to lay down and watch a movie at the end of a long day.

Well yesterday was a LONG day! Actually, we've had a string of 'em! So I suggested maybe taking the TV (which, if I haven't mentioned before, we found two weekends ago for a really great price at Best Buy, so we nabbed it!) into the bedroom and watching something easy. Man oh man. What a great ending to a crazy day. It was super easy to bring the TV into the bedroom and at 8:00 we laid down to enjoy Grumpier Old Men. A truly great film.

So I say all that to say: new TV... two thumbs up! I'm extremely grateful that it worked out for us to get it because yesterday, it was just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: