Friday, August 7, 2009

The Passing of a Legend

John Hughes
Born February 18, 1950
Died August 6, 2009

Thank you John...

... for 16 Candles, which taught me that it's okay to feel totally out of place sometimes.

... for The Breakfast Club, which taught me that EVERYONE feels totally out of place sometimes.

... for Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which taught me that life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.

... for Home Alone, which is, to this day, one of my favorite Christmas movies

... for Christmas Vacation, which is one of the greatest Christmas movies EVER!

... for Dutch, which made us laugh so hard, we all peed a little on Jenina's floor.

... for Drillbit Taylor, which let me spend an evening at a drive-in with some of my greatest friends.


I will remember you.

No comments: