Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Few Quick Thoughts

I probably shouldn't be writing this blog, because I don't really have time to think it through, but I can't seem to make myself stop, so here goes.

Life is full of possibilities. I tell myself that I am not brave enough... but the truth is that, like Peter, I can walk on water if I trust the one who is leading me.

I hung a few quotes in our bathroom recently. They are printed on cute little tin signs. I bought them at Target for $5 a piece. I hung them over the scale. I thought that was the most usefull place to receive these messages. They are the simples truths that change our lives the first time that we come to know them. Today, I hope that I can remember them while I work, and workout, and make dinner, and do dishes. SERENITY NOW Kim! Deep breaths.

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." - Mark Twain

"A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be." - Abraham Lincoln

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." Lao Tzu

There you go.

No comments: