Monday, August 10, 2009

Sanity Is...

Time in my husbands arms, followed by low cal tex-mex, followed by iced chai with Jenina and Jennifer.

I'm feeling a little better.

Can I just say that major life changes, like jobs or moves or families, can be insanely overwhelming?! I have a lot of things to sort out, but I had a couple of realizations today. First of all, I ALWAYS need to PRAY before I PLAN! I tend to plan, then panic (when I don't know exactly how to plan) and then realize that I need to stop and pray. Can I please get my act together and reorder things here?

I also realized that THERE IS NO DEADLINE! I know that time is short and we don't have unlimited chances, but DANG IT! EACH DAY is a new chance. A new beginning. And if changes don't happen for me next month, that doesn't mean they won't happen a year from now. Ya know?

Moving on.

Today I said that I wanted to get some of the random thoughts out of my head... make a little room. Here is the first one:

Have you seen Amelie? I really like that movie. There is a scene where she talks about liking to watch people in theaters and seeing their reactions to what is happening onscreen. Ever since, I have had moments while watching movies when I realize that I am making crazy faces! If someone were watching me, they would be seriously entertained. I tend to smile like an idiot for long periods of time, and I make terrible faces when I cry. If someone had watched me watch My Sister's Keeper, it would have been quite the experience. I cried for MOST of that movie. Anyway, the last few times I have been to a movie I have been almost overwhelmed by a desire to turn around and check out the expressions of the people in the theater. I don't want to creep anyone out, and honestly, I would feel like I were invading people's privacy by watching them... but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I just want to know if other people make crazy faces like I do. Is that so bad?

Speaking of movies, we saw Funny People this week. I was really looking forward to it. I like Adam Sandler. I don't like all of his movies, but the ones that I do like, I really like. And I like Seth Rogan. So I was glad when it came out, and very glad that Brett was interested in seeing it also. I liked the movie, but not as much as I had hoped to. It reminded me why I don't watch stand up comedy - the profanity is a little overwhelming. And parts of it were kind of depressing. It felt long, and that's usually not a good sign. I did like it, but I won't buy it. The other two summer movies that I am hoping to see are 500 Days of Summer and Julie & Julia. I have a feeling we will end up seeing GI Joe, but that has not been said yet. And I need to see Harry Potter again. Yes, I said need.

Confession: I started listening to Christmas music today. Don't judge me.

Statement: Reading other people's blogs can be very uplifting. I am so thankful for my blog buddies... the ones that I actually know and the ones I have never met.

It's just past 11:00, and though I have a few more things to say, I need to make the bed (the sheets are in the dryer) and finish the dishes. Brett said that he might beat me to it since I was going out for coffee. But he didn't =-)

No comments: