Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh, Kim

So getting ready this morning I was blogging in my head, like I always do, and I was calling the blog "Stupid Murphy" or something like that, because Murphy's Law was in full force at my house this morning! I woke up on time (I needed to get to work early and was worried that I wouldn't get up) but I had SERIOUS trouble getting out of bed. I couldn't just get up, I had to lay in a different, less comfortable, position, because that might make me more willing to get up. And then I couldn't put my feet on the floor, I had to just sit up in bed for a few minutes. And I couldn't just wait " a few minutes", I had to pick a number to count to. That's what I always do when I am trying to buy time. I count. It was pathetic. But I'm so tired. Last night was fun AND productive (NOT an oxymoron, thank you very much), but I was up until 1:00 a.m. and I am just so tired.

And then, I was SO disappointed! When I weighed myself, I was UP from yesterday! Today is the first day since I started avoiding carbs last Tuesday that my weight did not drop a little. I'm so sad. I need to drop a little more before the wedding.

And then I went to make my breakfast and the turkey bacon that I bought was not what I thought it was. The store didn't have the brand that I bought last week, but Jenny O was on sale. I dig Jenny O! So we bought that, and WHAT? It has 1 carb per slice? The other brand was carb free! Thanks a lot Jenny O! And my eggs were somehow watery. How that happened, I have no idea.

The frustration goes on. It just wasn't a great morning. I prayed while I was brushing my teeth and thanked God for his blessings and asked forgiveness for being focused on so many things that are NOT him. I'm just plain pathetic.

But on my way to work, I heard it. The song that I heard on the radio two weeks ago that spoke so honestly and clearly my hearts desire. I've been hoping and hoping to hear it again, and I heard it today. The day that I was proving Murphy's Law.

I think that this is all of the words in the chorus, and I think that the singer is named Josh Williams. Or Wilson. I'm not sure, but it will be on my iTunes before the weekend is over. Oh yes, it will. I do know that is called Savior Please.

I try to be so tough
But I'm not strong enough
I can't do this alone
God, I need you to hold on to me

I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without your love
Savior, please
Keep saving me

No comments: