Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Few Thoughts

I wanted to blog this last night, but was too tired when I got home:

Mistaken Identity or Change of Heart?

I have been going to the same place to get my eyebrows waxed for 2 or 3 years now. I used to always leave feeling bad. I just thought that the women there were kind of mean, and there was one girl who used to pretend like she thought I was pregnant, when I'm obviously not pregnant... I'm just fat. But still, it was cheap and fast and close. And I eventually found a girl who was good, fast and nice, so I started asking for her, and things got better. But the ladies up front were still never warm.

But then a few months ago, everything changed! It was like night and day! They smile at me and say "hey!" like they have been waiting for me to come by and grace them with my presence! I don't get it! The first time, I thought that they must be confusing me with someone else. Some really funny lady, or a big spender, or someone who sent them a cookie bouquet. But it has been that way now for months! And last night was no exception. The lady up front was super nice and talked to me like we were old friends.

Did I win them over with my friendly smile and thank yous? Or is it a case of mistaken identity? Who knows! But I no longer dread going there, so if they think I'm someone else, I hope they keep thinking it!

This week has been good and bad. I am super excited about the wedding... but work is insanely busy, and I am tired. Very tired. Can hardly get out of bed tired. Go to the bathroom ten times a day just so I can rest my eyes for a minute tired.

And this morning I got a phone call from Brett just before ten. He was supposed to be at work at 10:15 but when he went out to his car, someone had busted out a window. This morning it didn't seem like anything had been taken, but we may find differently tonight. We need to replace that car. I think the cost of putting a new window in would be equal to the worth of the car. I think that as soon as we get back from the honeymoon, we will start looking for something new, and until then, we may just need to carpool. I don't know. For now we just need to find a safe place for the car to sit windowless while we are in California for five days.

Tomorrow night is my girls night! I'm excited and also a little nervous. I don't know why. Hopefully I will get a lot done this weekend. I need to bring some things over to the apartment. Our dresser is now in place so I can definitely bring some clothes over. We need to re situate our closets before I can bring much over. But we are going to start that process this weekend, for sure!

Okay, Brett should be home any minute now. I'm off!

No comments: