Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Sunday After Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. I'm a Christmas girl, but Thanksgiving might be my second favorite holiday. It involves so many things that I love. Family, homemade food, expressing gratitude, and yes, I'm going to say it: shopping. I used to take offense to the term "Black Friday" but I think that it is used as a term of both scorn and endearment... it all depends on your perspective! So we all know about Black Friday, and if you are reading this blog, you probably know that it is followed by "Small Business Saturday". Well today I realized that whether it bears the title or not, this special weekend culminates in what I am calling "Sleepy Sunday". I'm exhausted!

Thankfully, all of the things that wore me out were good and worth it! But my goodness, it's been busy around here lately.

The girl that works in the office with me was out of town the ten days leading up to the week of Thanksgiving. Her family was blessed to go on a Disney cruise, and they are still on cloud nine! They've already scheduled one for next year =-) But her being out of town meant work was extra busy for me. That's the nicest way I can think to say it. She was back at work last Monday, thankfully, and last week was a three day work week - Praise the Lord!

But the busy really began last Saturday. We had much prep to do for the Thanksgiving party that was at our house on Sunday. Then Sunday was the party, which was incredible, by the way. Then a non-curriculum week at school, which meant field trips every day, but also a more relaxed vibe. Then Thanksgiving was Thursday. We had lunch at my parents house, which was a great time. Then I got up early to shop on Friday. Not crazy early, like years past, but I was out of the house by 7. I was home from shopping at 12:30, which gave me a few hours at home before we left to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family - cousins, aunts and uncles and all that. Then on Saturday I had to buy supplies for the first ever Parents Night Out at the school where I work. This took longer than I would have liked, but was a great morning because I got to meet my sweet friend Jeff for coffee while I was out! Yay for that! Then I came home and had a few hours to get ready for that before I had to go. And today was church, followed by a mission trip meeting, followed by a super fun mission trip fundraiser, followed by an errand and then dinner with my mother in law.

And in between all of that, there was crafting. Yikes!

I was signed up for the Deep Irving Market Days this past Saturday - Small Business Saturday. But it was rained out. Which means that my one and only craft fair of the season is this coming Saturday at North Hills Prep in my hometown. I have a LOT that I would still like to do, but we will see how far I get. I will post pictures once I've survived it =-)

I did visit my favorite local small business, The Curiosity Shop, on Small Business Saturday. I found a treasure. I've named him Pig. Shout out to all of the HP fans who know what he's named after. How cute is this!!!




I want to tell you more about the fundraiser that I had today, but it will have to come later this week. I've got to get busy!

No comments: