Thursday, September 24, 2015

Settling In

Well, we've been in the new place for a month now. That first month always flies by! How do I know this? I move too much =-)

But it's true. Your landlord says, "I'd like you to commit to at least a year", and before you know it 1/12th of that time is done! And you think to yourself, "I DO NOT want to move in 11 more months!" Right now, I perish the thought! But that was also true 12 months ago when I had been in our new place for a month. Moving is hard, and I REALLY hope that 11 months from now, God is not moving us somewhere else. But at the same time... it was a HUGE praise that he moved us after 12 months last time. And of course I will follow where God leads. What if 11 months from now, Brett finds himself on staff at a church in Nashville?

Random example. I know.

My point is, I am incredibly happy to be here today. Each day, this little apartment feels more like home. Each day I have at least one moment of extreme thankfulness that God brought us here. Today there were several =-)

Brett finished his first seminary class today. Well, mostly. He has a paper, which he has already written, due tomorrow, but then this one hour class will be done! One hour down, 139 more to go? I'm just saying that. I don't actually know how many hours his degree requires. But we're done with one! And he got an A. That's my baby!

It's been a crazy month. I tried to think of a more sophisticated sounding word just now, but nope. That's the one. Crazy. But also amazing. I'm trying to settle into a more healthy routine. Working on it. Just beginning. But it's my focus right now. My spiritual and physical health. I want that to be the emphasis of this year for me. I feel like a new phase of our ministry as a couple has begun, and while Brett's job is school, mine is my health. Father, God, guide me towards better health.

I would love for you to pray for me as I work towards that.

I'm hoping to have lots of time for thinking this weekend. We'll see how that goes!

Happy Friday Eve =-)

No comments: