Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chapter 3 for the Bacons

I have so much to tell! I won't stay up to say much tonight, but since I'm up on my computer, while the rest of the house is asleep, I thought I'd write a quick post - my first in the new house! I week ago today, Brett and I moved to a house a few streets away from our old house. It's three bedrooms, just like the last house, but it has a second bathroom, which we needed because... we have a roommate!

It's a long story full of a lot of twists and turns, but the short version is that over the last two years, God has brought some friends into our life that had a "house sharing" situation. Which I guess is what you call it when married people have roommates. The first time I heard about this, it was a group that our church affectionately referred to as "The Hippie House". Two married couples and three singles living in a huge house. And then we became friends with another couple who had a single living with them. And then we made friends with several single friends who were living with a married couple at the church. And the more we came across it, the more normal it felt. And God just slowly opened our hearts to it as a possibility. And after a lot of prayer and worry and house hunting, we are now the proud co-renters of a funkadelic old house with our sweet roommate, Rebecca. It's only been a week, but so far living with her has been SO easy and felt absolutely right. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year.

Pictures to come as soon as we are unpacked =-) I'm off to recover from a day of... unpacking. So many boxes!!!

No comments: