Sunday, August 25, 2013

A New Season

I'm so ready for fall. It's too early to write an "I love Fall" post, but it sure is on my mind. Not because it's been cool around here. It was a hot weekend!

I have so. much. on. my. mind. So much that it has felt impossible to blog - there is just way too much to say. And it's all incomplete. I feel like I have stories to tell, but they don't have an ending, so I don't know what to say.

I'm doing a craft fair. That is what the stories kind of all center around. I made it my goal to have a website up by the end of the summer and do a craft fair by the end of the year. Well, school has started, so in my mind summer is over, but technically, I've got a few more weeks until summer is officially over. I have sort of met that goal already because I have created both an etsy site and a Facebook page, but they aren't even worth mentioning because they are practically blank right now. But the foundation has been laid. I will get it done. I just need some time to upload files and write procedures and all that. I wish I had a better camera to take pictures of the items I have crafted so far. I can't take a clear picture on my phone to save my life!

As for goal number two, I AM DOING A CRAFT FAIR!!! I did some research online and found a show that was nearby, in November, so I can do holiday items, which is what I love, and I paid today so I am officially in!

I'm really excited =-) So excited that I want to use the word "super". But somehow, typing "super _______" automatically sounds sarcastic to me. And I REALLY AM excited!!!

I have been in a creative state of mind all summer. Scratch that. All year. When I found that funky little shop in Grapevine at our staff Christmas party, something inside of me just clicked. It's like someone showed me a picture of what my future could be. I have no idea if I will ever have a permanent place where I sell my wares, if you will, but I love to create, and craft fairs are a plausible way to share my creations with people with similar interests.

I am excited to share my vision with you - when there is more to share. For now, just know that I will be sharing it with you soon! I will try to post along the way so you can journey with me. If you are a friend, as well as a reader, I would love for you to make plans to come see me at the Funky Finds craft fair in Fort Worth, Texas on November 9 and 10. It's going to be a funky fun time!

That's all I'll say for now. It's bedtime!

No comments: