Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Lovely Weekend

Just read posts from some of my favorite bloggers, and two of them wished their readers a "lovely weekend". So far, that is the perfect description of my weekend. Lovely =-) Doesn't that word just make you smile?

According to my car, while I was out driving, the high today was 58 degrees. It was breezy, overcast, and absolutely lovely. Fall is coming. Not full blown here - the trees haven't changed yet. But today... man. That is my kind of weather =-) It was a great day!

I'm reading Casual Vacancy, J. K. Rowling's new book, which I am enjoying, though I am also finding it a little depressing. She is the kind of author that writes a character so completely. You really feel like you know her characters. And when they suffer, it hurts. At least, that's how it works in my mind. So it's been a bit of a rough read, but I am definitely liking the book. I'll be in bed in about 30 minutes continuing my read!

Today I took my book to Starbucks and enjoyed the most delicious new drink that I have had there since adding pumpkin to my chai! The salted caramel mocha. Man oh man! It is delicious! I ordered it hot and sipped it slowly while I read my book. It was so relaxing - sitting in my jeans, flip flops and long sleeve t-shirt, my hands tucked inside the sleeves to keep me warm by the window. There is currently a very colorful carnival across the street from this Starbucks - I couldn't take my eyes off of the purple tilt-a-whirl. Someday, I will have a decent camera and will take gorgeous pictures at a street carnival. Hopefully the one that makes frequent appearances at the mall in my hometown.

Before heading to Starbucks, I stopped by the 27th annual "arts and crafts" fair at a local church in town. It was really neat! Not what I was expecting. I'm so glad that I went. I bought a unicorn pin for $4 that I have fun plans for in an upcoming collage. I also bought what I think is part of a vintage postcard. I just thought the picture was sweet. It's a little boy and girl sitting on a bench and the girl is making googly eyes at the boy, who is looking nervous. Not sure what I am going to use it for yet, but it will be something sweet, for sure!

After the craft fair and mind blowing mocha, I did something that I have been wanting to do for a loooooooong time. I swept our driveway. I'm not going to tell you how many times I have worked in the yard in the year and half that we have been in this house. It's an embarrassingly small number. I would like to be better about making our pretty house pretty. I plan on decorating the porch this week. Nothing fancy, just some pumpkins. The sunlight never hits the porch, so plants just die when I put them there. But I'm going to buy a cheap potted plant to stick in a pumpkin on the porch anyway. It will be pretty while it lasts.

The best part of my weekend has been seeing my sweet friend who recently miscarried. It was the first time she felt able to be around people in the last two weeks, and the three of us who went to visit her were so thankful to see her in person. She's still mourning, but slowly healing. She has been on my mind constantly and it was good to be able to put my arms around her and tell her how much I love her.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend =-) I'm off to read my good/kind of depressing book. Sleep tight!

1 comment:

Kalie said...

I'm reading a Casual Vacancy too! I'm about 100 pages in and kind of having a hard time connecting, but I'm going to persevere! We'll have to discuss it this weekend at the Fair! I'm so excited!!