Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week Two

I wish I had blogged more this week. I think it helped me the first week back on WW to record my thoughts as I encountered old challenges. But in the end, it was a good week. The Weight Watchers site isn't working at the moment, so I'm not sure how much my loss was, but I'm sure that the number on the scale this morning was lower than last week's weigh in. I think by two pounds. Thank you, Lord!

I started the week off well. I was prepared with lots of zero point fruit available. Today I want to get more veggies. But my meals went well. Brett is being really understanding with our dinners. More than once, we have eaten separate meals, and that has been a huge help. I used some flex points last Saturday when we went to our favorite restaurant with Brett's mom, but that was my only time to use flex points this week. Including last night, when we went to the SAME restaurant to celebrate something. And I am THRILLED to say that I have found a fairly healthy, delicious option at this restaurant! I ordered the grilled tilapia fish tacos, and they were a winner. I ate one and it was plenty. I don't know why this didn't occur to me yesterday, but next time I will see if there are veggies I can substitute for the rice and beans. Last night I ate 3 bites of rice and left the rest alone. I also only ate 2 chips. But I still enjoyed myself. It was a nice night.

And, you may or may not be wondering how donut day went yesterday... very well! My co-worker is back from vacation so I am not alone in the office, and I'm getting lunch breaks again, so the donuts weren't too bad of a challenge. The gorgeous homemade cupcake that a mom who is a caterer brought to me sure looked good, but wasn't really a temptation. I knew I wouldn't eat it. The dang cookies that Corner Bakery brought us threatened to be a temptation because of their misleading small size and indisputable tastiness - but I just tried not to look at them and made it out the door without tasting one.

This coming week is our last week of summer. School starts on August 20. The next 2 weeks are going to be big. Busy and probably stressful here and there. I am going to work a little this weekend to try and make it simpler. Get some things organized. This past Thursday was so stressful I can't even tell you about it. But I can take care of a few things today that will prevent Thursday from ever happening again.

That last sentence makes me think of Despicable Me. Like I am going to try and steal Thursday. Not what I meant, but the minions still cheered when I typed it =-)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Mine has already started off well and it's going to be a good day.

Peace out players =-)

No comments: