Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another Ending

I can't believe it. Tomorrow is the last day of school. I am finishing my second school year. My "new" job isn't so new anymore.

I am so thankful to be at The Sloan School. This is an amazing job. Hard. Fast. Sometimes frustrating. ALWAYS rewarding. The number of smiles and "I love you"s that I get a day is worth every tear, runny nose and throw up that come my way. I am so thankful for the staff at this school. God has his hand on us in an incredibly humbling way. When blessings are so blatant, it is hard to feel anything but unworthy. I am so thankful for God's love.

Summers are TOUGH for me! We have daily field trips and two field trips a day 20 times. It is hot. In Texas, often too hot to go outside. There is a LOT of coordinating that takes place in the office and my feet come home aching most days. But I know it's going to be a great summer. The 3 day weekend we are about to have before summer actually starts is giving me the strength to speak those words! That and the ample supply of Starbucks gift cards that I still have from Teacher Appreciation Week and my birthday. My people know me so well!

No comments: