Sunday, July 31, 2011

SOOO Full

I ate way too much at dinner. It was one of those times that it doesn't sound like too much food, so when your body is telling you that you are full, you tell your body to please be quiet until you finish eating. Not good. Ugh.

I have so much to say, and no where near the time or energy to say it. There are some things going on at work that will probably turn into nothing for me, but I have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last 6 days as I've prayed over a teaching position that has opened at our school and whether or not I want to talk to the owners about it. It has been exhausting.

I did a LOT of resting this weekend. I feel like I could use another day of it. Just quiet... that's what I want. But tomorrow is August 1st, and this is one of the busiest times of year at the school, so there won't be much rest for a while. This week will be go, go, go from the time my alarm clock goes off tomorrow morning until Friday at 6:00. Hopefully we will have a nice night in on Friday and sleep late Saturday before we take care of all of the errands that we couldn't afford to attend to this weekend. Sometimes being broke is a blessing!

I had dinner with Jenn, Jage and Krista Thursday night, and it was incredibly refreshing. I have said this before, but I will never take it lightly: I am so thankful for the version of myself that they let me be. It is truly a gift to spend time with them. We are hoping to take a trip together sometime this coming year. That would be so great!

I wish Jeff would blog. And I would love to see Jenina. I saw Jennifer today... the baby room is practically complete and looking oh so cute! Emily Elizabeth is already stylin' and she's not even out of the womb yet! Love it!

There are things I should do tonight... some organizing and mopping. But I think I'm going to lay down with my book and try to get some extra rest before this sure-to-be-crazy week begins.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kriss said...

Kim, I am so glad you updated! I miss your posts! I wanted to throw a little encouragement your way. If there is a position at your school you want, whats the worst thing that will happen.... they say no. The best thing is they say yes and you get a new position. Don't let your fears or uncert. keep you from taking leaps! Everyday is a chance to reinvent yourself!