Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Independence Day! Almost.

What an interesting week it has been. I'm so thankful and so happy to say that I am doing better. I made good choices with my food all week and am already feeling tons better! I'm a few pounds lighter too, which is a great way to get back in the swing of things. I'm expecting another good week, and I'm THRILLED to say that it is going to start with me being off of work tomorrow.

I say this all of the time, but I am incredibly thankful to have been born in America. We are a young country, but a great one, and the price that was paid for my freedom is not lost on me. I understand it and thank God for it often.

It's nice having the 4th fall on a Monday. Three day weekends rock! Brett has to work so I'm going to have the house to myself. I plan on some serious cleaning. Well, here is my official, tentative plan: Get up at 7:30 and go walk at the park. Meet Jennifer for a grande non-fat iced chai at Starbucks at 9:30. Come home and clean, clean, clean! Shower. Eat a healthy lunch. Bake up a batch of Hungry Girl's Ooey, Gooey, Chocolate Cherry Muffins. And then maybe do some crafting? Brett is supposed to work until 6, but we both think there is a good chance that they will be slow and he will come home mid afternoon. That's what usually happens.

I hope everyone has a great holiday! I've done a good bit of dishes and laundry so far today. I also fancied up a store bought angel food cake to take to my parents house for dinner tonight. It's a recipe that I saw in the newspaper and have been wanting to try. You mix a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks, undrained, with a package of instant vanilla pudding mix and 1/2 of a container of FF cool whip. The entire cake is 42 points, so if we cut it in 10 pieces, they are 4 points each. I hope it's good! It's too tall for the lid to fit over it so it's just sitting in my fridge. It will have sat in there for a couple of hours once it is eaten. Hope it's still good! I'm worried it will dry out! The filling is crazy moist though, so hopefully not.

Happy 4th! Be safe!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I've had that dessert and it is yum yum yummy! Have a wonderful day off. And just think.... We get to hang out on Friday! Get ready for lots of fun with our Sanguine friends! Tara and Andrea crack me up when they are together without their husbands.