Thursday, December 9, 2010

Craft Fair Fun & Time is Flying!!!

Wow! The craft fair was 4 days ago! I have had zero time on my computer this week! Sorry I am just now updating!

So... it was fun =-)

Last year, there wasn't a ton of traffic, and not many people bought things. This year, there was only slightly more traffic, but almost everyone bought a little something. My yarn ornaments were a hit! I ended up making a pretty good amount, so I still have several left, but they are going to look awesome on my tree! I had a couple of things sell out, and a few things that I expected to sell well that didn't, but some of them are cute enough that they will be gifts! I am so happy that I participated again this year. I probably broke even, but at this point, I am not regretting it. I had some really good feedback, and I had a good time! Only one friend came (thank you Jenina =-) but several family members came.

I am exhausted. Last week was seven days of late nights. Particularly, Friday and Saturday night. Friday, I stayed up until 4:30 and got up at 9:00 on Saturday morning. Saturday morning I stayed up until 2:30 and got up at 7:30 on Sunday. And then this week has been a little later nights than usual. It's just that time of year... not quite enough hours in the day. Or not quite enough days left in the year! I can't believe that Christmas is in 15 days! I'm feeling surprisingly unorganized this year. Not shopping on Black Friday seriously threw me off. But I know that it will all get done. It may even all get done this weekend!

Tomorrow is Friday and it's going to be an awesome weekend. Brett and I will be enjoying a low point dinner at Jason's Deli tomorrow night and then doing some shopping! I want it to be a productive shopping trip, so I hope we have some time to organize before and at dinner. Saturday night is our staff Christmas party, but the day will begin with a WW meeting, where I should have a decent loss, and then I will be relaxing with my baby.

Actually, hold that thought. My mother-in-law came to the craft fair (of course... she is one of my biggest supporters) and a few of her co-workers requested some of my items! I need to make 17 more Christmas tree pencils, which will take a WHILE! They are simple, but a little time consuming. Especially for a $1 product. But I also have one set of ornaments to finish, and someone requested three sets of note cards and another person requested 3 bookmarks. Thank goodness the bookmarks are done!

So... it will definitely be a busy weekend, but I am 100% determined to make it a good weekend. It started off well tonight! Brett and I tried a new restaurant tonight where I had the best tortilla soup I've had, maybe ever, and then I went to Lane Bryant with Jennifer, where I put a healthy dent in that credit card, and gave my wardrobe a HUGE boost!

I'm so tired. I've got to go to bed!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will catch up on blogs soon!

No comments: