Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feeling A Little...

Sentimental. And dreamy.

I have been feeling very creative lately, and while there are TONS of ideas, and some outlets, available, I don't seem to have the time.

I do not want that to be the story of my life. So many ideas, not enough time. I want to make time.

Time to create. Time to talk to old friends. Time to make new friends. Time to spend with family. Oh how I am missing my family these days. Time for road trips. Time for lounging with my love.

I haven't been making time, and as a result, I have felt... lonely? Is that the word I am searching for? Sometimes frustrated.

Here's the deal. The job is just a job. It is not my life. I want it to be the background, not the center of attention. I know our jobs are where we spend the majority of our time, but they DON'T have to be where we spend our life. Am I right? I know I am! Because I see people living their life! While I am stressing and rubbing my aching back and feet, my friends are out there traveling and discovering and creating.

I want in.

No more waiting.

I hope.

Hope your week is going well. Today was better than yesterday. Yesterday already seems like days ago. The "first day of school" was... an event! But today, day two, was calmer. Calm enough for me to remember myself at some point (even if it was just during my lunch break) and remember than I am more than this position.

Off to bed. I think Brett is already there. He didn't say goodnight, but either he is having some tummy trouble in the bathroom, or he just decided to head to bed. Hmm.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Here is my motto:
"I don't live to work. I work to live." I leave school 98% of the time between 3:30 and 4:00. I absolutely refuse to waste my evenings sitting up at the school trying to get something done that I didn't have time for. At my old school, teachers would stay up at the building until 7:00 at night. I refuse to let my life be that way. Whatever wasn't done would get done the next day or the one after that.

Not that you are really dealing with the same issue of choosing to stay too late, but it still resonates with what you're saying. I'm glad you've had this revelation! Work is not our life. It's what supports our life. So live it up, Kimmy baby, and enjoy life after work! :)