Saturday, August 28, 2010

Can I Just Say...

It feels so good to be back in Weight Watchers. Joining is a big step. Being in WW is a million tiny steps. It's a long journey, and I've got a lifetime to travel this road, but I love when I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

It also makes me look at my life differently. Being on program makes me feel like anything is possible. It makes me want to take other steps to make my life better. I know I say this a lot, but I am SO full of thoughts about the future. About things that I want to do. Goals that I would like to accomplish. A life that I want to live. I love my husband so much, and I am so thankful that I have such a supportive, loving man to walk this journey with me. I'm also thankful for my friends and family. Where would I be without them? Mom, Dad, Melanie, Laura, Jenna, Jennifer, Jenina, Jeff, Jenn, Jage, Krista, Marie, Chris.... the list goes on and on and on and on... people who fill my life with joy. Who fill my heart with love. I'm thankful for days like today when that love seems to be overflowing.

Weird dream this morning. I was at Mamaw and Harvey's house. My dad's parents. The house was empty because they had decided to move out. I woke up thinking "how weird. I need to tell Mamaw and Harvey about that the next time I see them." And then I remembered. Harvey is dead. =-( He passed away a couple of years ago. I have been extremely fortunate in my first 29 years of life. Very few people that I love have been lost. When Harvey died, it was very sad. I don't feel like I ever really got to know him as a person, only as my grandfather. But I loved him very much. I was proud of him. I love thinking about his life and all of the interesting things he did. And today was the first time that I have ever forgotten that a loved one was gone. I hear people say that a lot. Just this week, in a blog, in fact. A very sweet girl whose mother recently passed. She said she picked up her phone to call her mom and tell her something and then remembered that she couldn't call. I miss Harvey. And I love Mamaw. I'm glad she is well and seems happy still.

Okay, I am off to enjoy my weekend with my husband. Hope yours is full of blessings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...and Mamaw loves you too! That's what keeps me so happy. My wonderful family : ) ...and if you need to know ANYthing about diet, call on me. I know EVERYthing.

Personal Trainer Singapore said...

hey!! this is a very nice blog. thanks for sharing your life and experience here. hope you never give up. keep it up.