Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baby You Can Drive My Car

Oh my gosh!!! We just bought a new car!

Correction - we leased a car. Which is something that we never intended to do. But God had a plan, and when it was all said and done, He made it possible for us to drive home tonight in a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Can I just say, Don Herring Mitsubishi in Irving – YOU ROCK! I cannot believe all that these guys did to make this car affordable for us. When the lower model vehicle wasn't available, they offered us the higher end, which is WAY more than we would have ever gone for on our own, at an INSANE price! And they made our first payment so we wouldn't have to borrow from the money we have set aside to pay off my car (which I'm going to go ahead and do this morning - WOOHOO!). I just feel so blessed! And now we own a car that displays a picture of what is behind you when you put it in reverse! What???

OH! And my favorite part! We have a sun roof. When you consider all of the gadgets inside this car, the sun roof is the least impressive, but I have always wanted one.

Thank you, Lord, for making a way when we sometimes can't see it.

A new car means a lot for us right now. Brett's previous car was in a condition that we only felt comfortable with him driving it to and from work. And mainly because his work is two minutes from our apartment. A new car means freedom to look for a new job when the time is right, to go back to school, heck, just to drive to the good comic shop in Dallas! Last night, for the first time in quite a while, I was a passenger. It felt like a date! haha.

I am thankful the weekend is getting closer. I will be doing some serious sleeping, cleaning and working this weekend. But sleep is my first priority. We need it! Brett will be playing with the car =-)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know what a great feeling that is! Our Jeep Grand Cherokee was on it's last legs when it got stolen back in February (the joke is on whoever took it...it was falling apart!) and now my hubby has a lovely Ford Escape, and I feel like we're on a date when we go out. The nice thing is that even a few months laster I am still really enjoying our purchase! It sounds like you guys got a great deal on a VERY nice vehicle! Enjoy!

Marie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I KNOW how good a new car feels. Especially after driving a vehicle with lots of "mileage". Yay!

Krista said...

I went to highschool with Don Herrings daughter! She was really nice....they are a nice family from what I remember :) I'm so glad you guys have a new SAFE car! YAY!!!!!