Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Perfect Day

Weather wise, that is. It was such a beautiful day. We had some hard rain early in the morning yesterday, but it didn't last long and the sun dried up most of the water before the day was over. Today was cool and breezy and blue and BEAUTIFUL! We have had some really strong wind lately! Today was not crazy wind, just breezy. I woke up at 9:10. Brett was still peacefully sleeping so I brought my book to bed (I'm reading an old favorite, Jane Eyre) and read until Brett woke up at 10.

I could tell it was a nice day before I even stepped out of bed. The people above us have a wind chime. It's been going crazy the last few weeks! The wind keeps it singing night and day! But this morning is was just a slow soft tinkling, and as I lay in bed slowly waking, my thoughts turned to the park. You know the one. The park that I mentioned was near my apartment that I recently discovered has a GREAT walking trail around it. I was planning to go there at lunch yesterday and and see if it would fit into my lunch break. But then it rained all morning and I had a project at work that I wanted to get done. I was hoping we would close early. We had work to do all morning, but nothing new came in, so I was hoping when we finished our work, we would leave. We all had family members with the day off, since it was Good Friday. But we didn't leave until 4:15. And I was tired! Dead tired! I have been doing classes every night this week. I should have done it weeks ago. But the last few weeks I'd been doing a class every few days. Well the job fair is two weeks from today and I need the letter, that says that I've completed my certification program, to go in my portfolio. Well, the website only generates the letter when you actually finish the program! So that was my goal this week. And finally, I got it done. Even with taking Brett's mom to the store on Tuesday and having dinner with my family and coffee with Jennifer on Thursday. So I had several late nights this week. Driving to work Friday, my eyes were begging me for a rest! Not a good sign before I even get to work, and definitely not a good thing while I'm driving.

But it wasn't a terrible day. It felt long, but it wasn't terrible. And last night Brett and I totally took it easy. We usually go out to eat on Friday nights because we are both tired from a long week at work. But last night, we were too tired to even leave the house. In fact, we had to take a nap before we could even think about dinner. I'm serious. That's how tired I was! I got home at 4:30 and went straight to bed. Brett joined me and we slept until 6. After that we planned to order pizza and watch a movie on pay-per-view. But the movie we were hoping to find, Men Who Stare at Goats, isn't on pay-per-view right now. Go figure! And nothing was on either. (Tonight there are tons of good movies on! Pretty Woman, The Two Towers, AND Aladdin. Nice!) So we ended up watching a movie that I was interested in when I saw the trailer ages ago, and picked up at Fry's around the holidays when we saw the Blu-ray on sale for $12.99. It's called Sunshine Cleaning. I really like Amy Adams, so I wanted to see it. It stars her, Emily Blunt, Steve Zahn and Alan Alda. How can that be bad? Well, it wasn't bad, but it was kind of a downer. Not depressing, but it had a lot of sad themes, and unlike movies like Garden State, or The Royal Tenenbaums (I'm too tired to make sure I'm spelling that right... sorry) that break up the sadness with humor, this movie was mostly just sad. Good performances from several actors, but not the most exciting choice for a Friday night. Despite the movie though, we had a great night. A nice calm night filled with rest and some really good conversation to boot! How can I complain???

And this morning I walked =-) Laying in bed, listening to my husbands soft snores and the wind swishing the wind chime outside, I thought, "I should start my day with a walk". So I did =-) Finally. The first form of exercise I've done in over a month, I'm sure. When I got home, Brett and I made sandwiches and ate lunch outside on the patio. It was great.

And then... I FINISHED MY PROGRAM!!! I did my last class Thursday night, but I still had 6 hours of online observation to do. Much more low-key than the classes. I just hit play and let it go. I only watched 4 videos to fulfill my 6 hours, and honestly, parts of it were really interesting. The first one was a PE class, the second a choir class, and then I saw two math classes that were so different, it was really neat to compare the two. I also wrote all of our grocery lists for the month while they played, so it was greatness!

I love having a monthly meal calendar. We used one in March and now again this month, and it is my hope that we will continue this throughout our marriage. It's a huge help when it comes to grocery shopping, and it keeps us from eating the same thing over and over all month.

Happy Easter =-) I hope you celebrate with loved ones and you remember that our Lord is Risen.

No comments: