Monday, April 12, 2010

My Crazy Weekend Spilled Over...

It's 9:15 and we just got home. I have plenty of work to do, but I don't see that happening tonight.

Like I said yesterday, there was a lot of time spent productively this weekend, but I didn't get everything done that I wanted to. One of those things was grocery shopping. We always shop on the weekends because we buy our food one week at a time. So if we don't get to go over the weekend, I either shop on my way home from work on Monday, or we eat out. Well we are really trying to limit our eating out, so shopping trip it was!

I made the oriental chicken and rice dish that I have had twice now but Brett had yet to try. Both times that I made it before, he was sick and just wanted soup. He liked the dinner so it is officially in the rotation now. Woohoo!

So since I shopped after work, I didn't get home until 6:30. I had to put up dishes before I could start dinner, so I did dishes and then dinner was ready at 7:30 or so. I was hoping that we would finish just in time and there would be light left for me to walk, but there wasn't. It was dark. And Kroger didn't have the makeup that I needed so when we finished dinner, we headed to Target. Now we are home and both so tired!

Tomorrow I am going to walk after work, for sure, and then experiment with salmon for dinner. After that I need to type up a sample lesson plan and start my class newsletter. Those are the last two things I need to make for my portfolio. I want to finish on Wednesday night, but it may be Thursday... and then I will need to get the newsletters printed at Kinko's (we have a laser printer, so it's black and white only) and make some copies of my transcript.

I sho am tired! I hope everyone's week started well. I am kind of in a state of... I don't know... mental numbness. If I think too much I get super nervous so I'm trying to just... not think? haha. I'm not saying this right. I think that means it's time to go to bed. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hope youre having a good week!