Monday, April 19, 2010

Does This Ever Happen To You?

In the quiet moments of my day (we're slow at work right now, so I've got lots of quiet moments!) my mind is filled with ideas and thoughts about getting/being healthier. Getting up at 5:00 every morning to walk at the park and then getting to work early so I can leave at lunch every day and take an hour lunch break, like I would do if I weren't late to work every day and end up needing to work through lunch. And then come home and prepare a well balanced meal with plenty of protein and tons of veggies with fruit for dessert. And spend the evening doing something creative or self improving, or just something nice for my husband. And then the end of the day comes and it's hectic and I'm tired and there is laundry to do and dishes to wash and floors in desperate need of vacuuming. So I'm up later than I should be after being productive, but not always enriching, and then I wake up late and start the day feeling behind. How can I be behind EVERY day??? Really?

It's not every day. Some days work out. But I really need to take some time to set some goals. Concrete goals with achievable ends. I say that a lot. But I mean it. I NEED to do this. Get my mind organized before I go crazy! Sigh.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ha! I AM the girl who gets up at 5am and my life is SO hectic. I'm just coming to the realization though that it always will be hectic. I'll never have enough hours in the day to do everything. So these days I'm just working on prioritizing and getting done what absolutely needs to get done. Sleep, good food, exercise and family always come out top of the list. I'm also trying not to get ahead of myself and tackling each day, each task, one at a time. Learning how to deal with the million things that can stress me out in life - and sometimes taking a break from it all for ME :) Hope you're feeling better today!! xoxo

Jennifer said...

The reason I used to get up at 4:30 was because it was so crazy. Now with school I am up later than ever, so now I am trying to figure out where to fit these workouts in that used to come so easily. I think we ALL feel the way you do. I know I do! I'm trying to figure it all out as well, so you're not alone!