Friday, February 26, 2010

Day Four of Vacation

Interesting. Very interesting.

I think I may prefer elementary school after all. And I'm not sure I would enjoy teaching art as much as I enjoy TAKING art. You just don't get to interact with the kids all that much... I got a little bored.

It's early, I'm REALLY tired and I've got a lot on my mind, so don't hold me to anything I say in this post. I'm just thinking out loud. There's a lot to think about.

I'm observing with my former middle school art teacher. I was a good student and her son was one of my best friends, so she is being incredibly supportive and encouraging. But... her style of teaching is very different from what mine would be. So that may be why I'm feeling so unsure.

I know this. I'm very thankful that I decided to go for elementary. And now, if I do end up not passing the art test, I will know that it's not the end of the world, and is probably what's best for now.

I have no idea what to do about work. I have a lot to do when I get back next week. My boss texted me yesterday to say that I was officially swamped and my desk looks like "crapolla". So next week I'm going to work hard and catch up. After that... still praying about what to do.

On a fun note, we went to dinner at my sister's house last night and it was so much fun! Her husband, my favorite (and only ;-) brother-in-law, JD, was running an errand so Brett got to do the grilling! We're not all that familiar with gas grills, but once we got it going it was smooth sailing! It was fun to talk to JD... he has an interview today for a position at his job that would be SO exciting! It's the position that they plan on promoting him too eventually, but a spot suddenly opened now and they're giving him a shot at it. Woohoo! And it's always so so good to see my niece, Madilyn. She just lost her first tooth! And she has a kitten that is so sweet. Brett is severely allergic to cats, and I have to be really careful around them too. If I touch my eyes after touching a cat, it's all over. But I held him for a while last night and did just fine. A little itchy nose on the way home, but nothing that I won't survive!

We picked up frozen yogurt on the way home and relaxed on the couch. It was so nice. I fell asleep too fast... what a party pooper! What can I say? I'm tired!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Observations are so helpful! Glad yours is going well. I think you'd make a great Kindergarten teacher. They get to do fun art projects!