Friday, January 8, 2010

Weekly Weigh In 1.8.10

Okay, it' my first weigh in of the year. I am up five pounds from my last weigh in, but that seems like ages ago to me, and the five pounds is not scaring me. Frankly, it could have been worse! So today, at the beginning of a new year, I weigh 239.6. I hope to be less next Friday.

This week wasn't too bad for my first week back in action, but I can't really say that I gave it my all. My days were great and dinners, well, they weren't give ups but they were kind of half ways. So there you go. Next week, there will be no halfway. I am looking forward to really getting back in the groove.

I've decided tracking points is MUCH easier than tracking calories, fat and fiber, so that's what I will be doing starting Monday. And I will be journaling again starting Monday.

I'm still freaking out about my class tomorrow, but it hasn't been constant. I was all worked up yesterday until my sister, Jenna, who did this (got her certification) last year sent me a text that said not to worry, "this is the easy part". So I believed her. I calmed down for a while. But then last night I was laying in bed and just feeling so inadequate. Like I'm kidding myself thinking that I can make things better. That I deserve better. How whiny and selfish is that?! Satan is trying to tell me that I am worthless, but last night I prayed one of my favorite verses for a little while and I am committed to clinging to it through this journey. Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct thy paths." I have no idea what I am doing, but I believe that God is leading me. So I will trust in Him and follow where He takes me, one step at a time.

It was really difficult for me to rest last night. I'm afraid it's going to be a long day. Pray for me if you can, and I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

No comments: