Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Slightly Sad Rabbit

So, my niece has decided that I am her favorite. Every time she says that, it makes me want to smile and cry at the same time. It's sweet of her to say (even though my two younger sisters are WAY cooler than me!) but the reason I am her favorite is because she is always excited to see me, and the reason she is excited to see me is because she doesn't see me very often. This makes me sad =-(

I took the day off today to hang out with my sister, Melanie. It was really good to spend some time with her. She is the one who is in nursing school AND working AND just got married AND has a 7 year old daughter. She has a LOT going on. Seriously. How can I talk about feeling overwhelmed when Melanie is doing SO much and doing it all with class and style? (Most of the time ;-)

We went to Madi's school to eat lunch with her and she really enjoyed it =-) And then we picked her up at 2:50 and I was at their house until 5 so I got to play with her for a little while. I accidentally let slip that I couldn't stay for dinner because I was going to eat with Grandmamma (my mom) tonight, and that was the end of her good mood. She wanted to come too, and it hurt her feelings that I wouldn't take her. But it was still a good day overall.

I'm exhausted. I didn't open my book to study tonight but I will get some good work in tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to being back at work tomorrow. Even though we are completely dead and filling our days with busy work, I don't think my boss was very happy when I reminded her yesterday that I would be off today. Blah. At least it is Thursday.

No comments: