Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Even Though I'm Hungry Right Now...

The hardest part about going from making careless food choices to really taking care in what I choose to eat is the first two days. They are HUNGRY days! I'm thankful to say that the weekend and yesterday were much easier than last Thursday and Friday. Part of it was that when my flip switched all of a sudden last Thursday morning, I was only partially prepared for good fooding. When I left work on Friday, starving for the second day in a row, I headed straight to the grocery store. How can I fight the good fight when I'm not properly armed?

Saturday and Sunday were MUCH better! (haha... I just typed "butter"). Our grocery funds were very limited, but I bought some fruit, yogurt, pudding (I HAVE to have something sweet to eat at the end of lunch... thank you Jell-o sugar free dark chocolate!!!), and a new kind of snack bar.

I'm a big fan of Larabars. Mainly because each bar has 4-5 ingredients. It feels good to put something in my mouth and know that I'm not ingesting anything that I can't pronounce. But I pay a price for that feeling of satisfaction! A price that this weekend I couldn't quite afford. So I went to the boxed section of the bars in the organic section of Kroger and came across Cascadian Farms Dark Chocolate Almond Chew.















They have 130 calories (which is 90 less than some of the Larabars that I buy), 4 grams of fat and 5 grams of fiber. My main concern was the fact that it had the words "fiber right" on the box. I love Fiber One bars, but they make me sick. Well, not so much sick as gassy. Sorry. Those are the facts! Something about too much fiber in the wrong form at one time... so I was worried that I would take these to work and experience extreme discomfort. But I am happy to say that I have been VERY pleased with these bars! They aren't huge so it's not necessarily filling on it's own but granola always makes me thirsty, so eating one of these and drinking half of my bottle of water IS filling and totally keeps me going til lunch.

Unfortunately, today I didn't have any veggies to bring with my lunch so I am pretty hungry now, but dinner is planned and should be more than satisfying!

I have more to say, but I'm out of time. Be back lata!

No comments: