Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Catching Up

I am way behind on blogging! A huge benefit of blogging, or writing in general, is the way that it helps you organize your thoughts. Talk (you know what I mean) through things. But I need time to do that! Brett and I had some nice down time this weekend, but my "my" time didn't include my computer.

I've got LOTS on my mind, as usual =-)

I have to say how thrilled I am that we joined First Baptist Irving. I just know that God is going to do amazing things in our life while we are there and I am excited to see how things unfold. That is the perfect word – excited. I am so eager about all of the new opportunities! New faces, new classes, new lessons. Newness... it's so refreshing!

I also have to confess. After several weeks of making good food choices, I fell off the wagon. I had 11.5 days of bad choices. That's the only way to put it. Bad food choices, bad portion choices, and lots of them! I tend to make all good choices or all bad. If some lady brings a cake to work and I decide to have a small piece, then the rest of my day will be indulgences, and not the more healthy things that I had planned. And one day often turns into two, or three, or in this case, 11.5. They were not good days. I felt horrible and I was very disappointed in myself. But yesterday was a good day. And today is a work in progress.

What I need is BALANCE! A lifestyle that is mostly good choices, but when a less wise option, such as Marble Slab, slips into my food plan, I need to eat it and be DONE! Not let it live on in further bad choices. Old habits die hard. And some of my habits are practically as old as I am.

Why do I daydream about taking walks and exercising SO MUCH MORE than I actually do it? Seriously. What's the deal?

I want to change. I want to change a lot of things in my life. A blog that I follow declared some Non New Years Resolutions over the weekend. I think I would like to do the same. Be an active thinker and exercise some control over my choices.

I want to live, ya know? Not live a life that is just a slow death.

I want to spend more time with my girl friends. Heck, once a month would be an improvement right now. I get lonely =-( I love my husband, but everyone needs some same-sex relationships.

Resolutions to come! I will do some thinking =-)

But while I am here, I should mention: we had a good Labor Day weekend. We ended up spending half of the day on Monday with Brett's mom. Not bad, but unexpected. But Brett made ribs and grilled corn for dinner Monday and it was great! I did some crafting... I took pictures of the 4 cards I made but the pics are kind of blurry. I will try again tonight!

No comments: