Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Woohoo! Recipe Success!

I tried two Hungry Girl recipes for dinner last night and they were delicious! I made the "Southwestern Surprise" (a soup) from her first cookbook and the "Cheesy Good Cornbread Muffins" from her second cookbook. My mom came over for dinner and we both really enjoyed the meal, and it had super low stats! I modified the soup recipe a bit because I didn't want to make the full batch. 12 servings is too many when you have an itty bitty freezer. So instead of using 2 cans of pinto beans and one can of black beans, I used one can of pinto beans and left the black beans out all together. And instead of 2 cans of diced tomatoes and one can of italian style diced tomatoes, I just used one of each. And one cup of corn instead of 2. But it was really good!

I wish that I had taken pictures to post, but I just wanted to give a shout out to all of my fellow HG fans and recommend a couple of recipes.

Tonight I am trying spaghetti squash with homemade marinara. I hope it's worth the effort! Ha!

No comments: