Thursday, June 11, 2009

After The Rain

Rain is a funny thing. It can be terribly destructive and miraculously healing. Sometimes at the same time. We all have rain in our life. It's a given. Though it can be painful, it is comforting to know that I am not the only person in my life who sometimes braves a storm. AND, as a Texas gal, I can state confidently that weather can change in the blink of an eye, so I shouldn't fear the rain. I just have to keep moving, regardless of what the scale, my bank account or my boss says.

We had quite a storm last night/this morning in the Dallas area. As far as I know, no one in my family suffered much damage, and I am thankful for that. And the rain gave Brett and I a very nice hour or so of alone time that we were not expecting, as we had a few errands planned last night. We used the time well =-)

I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday, and I am thankful for the blessings that today has brought, rain included.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Glad to hear you are using the time God gives you well. I'd be disappointed if you weren't. :)