Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gushing!

Oh goodness. I am reading Midnight Sun again at work while we have down time here and there, or when I am folding a job. I just read a line that melted me. Edward is talking to Bella in the cafeteria after their first "date" (for lack of a better word) in Port Angeles. She just told him that she thinks that she is obviously not good enough from him because she is so plain and he is so NOT plain. And Edward thinks to himself "Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

SWOON!

I've had an interesting day. I went to a luncheon with the two females in the family that I work for. They go every year. I've never been invited before. This year they had an extra ticket that they couldn't find a taker for, so they told me to go.

It wasn't terrible. And it was supporting a good cause. I didn't win the raffle, but it was fun to see the prizes and listen as they called out the numbers on the three things that I tried to win. That mirror would have taken our home to a whole new level!

The luncheon was at Brookhaven Country Club. I felt so odd there. It is just strange to sit by the giant window that looks out onto this insane pool area and think about the people who spend their time there. For normal things. Not luncheons, but just summer days with nothing to do... they go the country club. It makes me think of Dirty Dancing. (It's different, I know, but country clubs make me think of the last scene in that movie. Always have.)

That is not a life I can place myself in – in my mind or in reality. It was very strange to be there for a few hours surrounded by hundreds of women, dozens of which are probably members.

All in all, it's been a fair day. It's almost 5:00 and I'm very ready to go. I want to see my husband, and we have a yummy dinner planned tonight! I hope it's a good night!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know what you mean! every time I go to Brookhaven I can't help but stare at the amazing pool area. I've been a few times for work meetings and stuff. We even had a Christmas party there once. I can't imagine being able to just go to a club all day and do nothing else.