Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

I know I've said this before, but seriously, the problem with not blogging regularly is that when I finally sit down to post I have so much to say, I don't know where to begin. I can't think one thought without chasing 5 rabbits that spur from it. For instance, I want to tell you about my weekend. But my weekend was so different. My head is still processing this new feeling... this new state of being. It's hard for me to explain. But I think, I'm not positive, but I think that for the first time, I started to feel married this weekend. 

This was the first weekend that I didn't see anyone but Brett. I mean, I saw random strangers on Saturday when we went to run a few errands, but I didn't see my family. I didn't see any friends. I only saw Brett. My husband. And I felt married. WEIRD! I mean, really weird. I know that at some point we will both get tired of this. Of wanting to be with each other every minute and do every little thing together. But right now, we are still in that place. We are SO thankful that our 3.25 years of dating are over. They were fantastic. But I LOVE being with him at night. Not having to drive away when our evening winds down. I am so blessed.

Okay, enough gushing.

Friday night I was sick. Actually, all day Friday was pretty rough. I had some allergy issues last week that turned into a bit of a sore throat, but I was feeling decent when I woke up Friday morning. But here's what happened. I got up (a little early because we were taking Brett's car to the shop before we went to work) and got ready like I always do. I took a shower and then while my hair towel dried, I made a little breakfast. I made the Ragan special - peanut butter toast. It was great. And then I went on with my day. But I was tired. It was a full week and I was a little run down from not feeling my best. So after we took the car to the shop, grabbed breakfast for Brett and took him to work, I decided to drive through McDonald's for an iced coffee. Bad choice. It was too much. A large iced coffee with Vanilla and Hazelnut is most of a meal in itself, and I had already eaten breakfast. It made me sick, and it only got worse as the day progressed.

By the time we got home, I was miserable. All I wanted to do was lay. So I did. Brett was amazing. He brought me water and my book and a pillow. And eventually I felt better. We had a slumber party, and it was a blast! We ordered pizza and watched a true 80's classic – Adventures in Babysitting! I LOVE that movie. I haven't seen it in a LONG time so I had forgotten just how great it is. But it is great.

Saturday morning we slept in a little and then took our time getting ready. I did the dishes and a little laundry... it was nice. An easy Saturday morning with my man. Then we went to one of our favorite places for lunch. I heart Pappasito's. They make a mean chicken taco! After that our plan was to run a few errands and then grocery shop. We were hoping to find an old Lord of The Rings game that has been marked down, but we didn't have any luck. We checked Best Buy first. No game, but the seasons of X Files were on sale for $19.99. A GREAT price! We got the next two seasons on our list (5 & 6) and then headed to Fry's. Fry's didn't have the game, but they had The Wedding Singer on Blu-ray for $14. Nice! 

We were also hoping to find patio furniture. We have been wanting to get some while the weather is still good and we decided it would be a good Easter present to each other. Now this was interesting. We checked Wal-mart and then Home Depot. There was a nice, comfortable set at Wal-mart that was a good size, but it was $50 more than we were hoping to spend. Everything at Home Depot was too big, and too expensive! So we decided to check Target. We found some chairs at Target for a good price a couple of weeks ago. They are comfortable and only $30! We wanted a small table to go with our chairs though. It's not a huge patio, but it's big enough for a small table and chairs if we want to enjoy a sunset view of the creek during dinner one night. Last time at Target, we didn't see anything we thought was the right fit. But this time, we did! There was one table, leaning against a wall. That table, and the two chairs that we found there were $30 less than we had budgeted! So we grabbed them!

Here's the funny part. It was just starting to rain when we left Target. It had sprinkled a bit while we were in the store, and it was threatening to do a lot more than sprinkle as we rolled our new patio furniture out to the car. I was sure that the three pieces would fit in my car. I had no doubt in my mind. But goodness! Those chairs were bigger than I realized! The legs were just too tall, I couldn't fit them in my trunk or get them through the door. So we put the table in the trunk and took the chairs back inside. As soon as Brett got back in the car, the sky opened up and dropped an ocean onto us! I am VERY thankful that Brett didn't get angry about the chairs not fitting, and EXTREMELY thankful that the rain waited until we were both in the car.

When we got home, we watched two really good episodes of season 2 of The X Files and then played around a bit before going to bed. No grocery shopping and no game, but a good day still.

Today was Easter. Our first holiday as "The Bacons". I wore the dress that I bought to leave the reception from. It's so pretty =-) We had plans to eat lunch with Brett's mom, but she wasn't up for it. My family isn't celebrating until next Sunday because my poor sister Jenna had all four of her wisdom teeth taken out on Friday. So after church, we took lunch to Brett's mother, went to Johnny C's and came home for an Easter nap.

Church was amazing. Our new old music minister (he was our music minister when I was in high school, and he just came back!) put together a really stunning music selection. He really knows how to bring out the best in a group. And how can church not be great on Easter Sunday? The story of Christ's triumph will never not be life changing.

It was a good day. God is so good. I am so thankful for his love. I pray that I will be a blessing to someone this week. I pray that I will have endurance to accomplish all of the tasks on my schedule. And I pray that Brett and I will be loving to one another.

No comments: