Monday, March 16, 2009

Last Single Sunday

I can not BELIEVE it is the week of my wedding! A week from right now, I will be married. Married and relaxing in Sunny San Diego! Seriously?!? 

We started planning the wedding a year ago. We started talking about the wedding 3 years ago! And there were times along the way that I was worried we wouldn't make it. Not because we didn't love each other, but because life can seem so impossible. Bad jobs and high bills... sometimes they are blinding. If we let them, they can close off all of the light that is trying to break through and keep us from seeing all of the blessings in our life. But Brett and I persevered. We took things one day at a time and trusted that God brought us together for good. We just had to wait on his timing.

This weekend was fairly crazy. Full of errands and a few surprises.

Friday night was my AWESOME lingerie shower (thank you AGAIN Jennifer and Jenina. I thought everything was amazing!) And I stayed up for a little while Friday night and did some organizing.

Saturday started with me running a couple of errands on my own. Or at least trying to. Did you know that it costs $100 to dry clean a wedding dress and it takes 1 week? Yeah, me neither. I was expecting $50. I can buy a steamer for less then $100! So I cut that errand short. Thanks, but no thanks! I made a phone call to my newly married Bridesmaid, and she has a steamer that I can use! Perfect!

Then I picked up Brett. We grabbed a quick lunch and then hit a few stores. He went to Game Stop to find a carrying case for his 360 (for the reception) and I went to The Avenue to look for a few colorful shirts to take on the honeymoon. I realized last week that I have mostly black shirts right now! It's not a funeral! It's a honeymoon! So I hit the sale $9.99 and $12.99, came out 2 shirts brighter!

Um... I actually can't remember where we went after that. Oh! Best Buy. We needed some gift cards.

Then we went home and waited for my mom to meet us. My mom took us to Sam's (we don't have a membership) and she rocked our socks by buying some food for the reception! We aren't done, but we have a good amount bought, and her help was a huge blessing financially.

When we left Sam's, I pulled out my phone and saw a missed call from Brett's mom. Bad news. Her apartment was broken into. This is the second time in a year and a half. So we rushed to her apartment and sat with her while she waited for the police. Then we took her to dinner and to a friends house. She was shaken up, but no where near as shaken as the first robbery. And good news: she found a new place today! And she took the week off for the wedding, so she has lots of time to pack!

Today was probably equally as full as yesterday, but for some reason, felt much more tiring to me. I didn't go to church because I needed to work. But I needed to run a few errands before I went to work. Well goodness! I went to the Dollar Tree, then to Party City, then to the mall, but it wasn't open yet. So I went to Half Price Books, then to Target, then back to the mall, then to the MIZ jewelry outlet, then one more time to the Dollar Tree, then Big Lots, then Sam Moon (they weren't open) then to work. I was only at work for an hour and a half, but I got a good chunk of the project done. I will need to go in early though to finish it.

After work, I picked up Brett and we went to our final pre-marital counseling session. Then we went to Walmart to grab some groceries, but while we were there, there was a power surge that knocked out all of the registers. So we left, went to Kroger to get the groceries we needed and then went home. We cleaned up a little and then made a quick dinner because our photographer was coming over to go over the shot list and plan for Saturday. She left at about 10:30. I loaded the dishwasher and then headed home. I stopped for a frosty on my way home. No, I am not supposed to be eating frostys right now, but I have some work to do tonight and I needed a boost. Don't tell Melanie!

So I got home, emailed my bridesmaids, checked the weather (the forecast is looking GREAT for Saturday!) and decided to enter a quick blog before I finished our wedding program. Suddenly it is almost 1:00 a.m. I need to get to work at 7. Hmm... that will be interesting.

All in all, my last single Sunday was pretty much what I expected it to be. Exciting and exhausting. Tune in tomorrow for my last single Monday!

No comments: