Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You Have Got to be Kidding Me

Okay, wedding drama that I create for myself? That's my fault and I will suck it up and shut up about it... eventually. But I am just about fed up with people other than myself and Brett creating drama for us.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."

That is one of my life verses. I think it all the time. You can't take words back. Once you say them, they are out there. Ever question the damage words can do? Read the book of James. 

I see proof of that damage every time Brett hangs up the phone after listening to ten minutes of screaming. I want to be a graceful, Godly woman. I am supporting and nurturing and I will bandage his wounds every time that he lets me. But how many times do you fall down in a fight before you decide to stand up to the bully? Or in my case, how many times do I watch someone that I love take a beating before I decide to step in?

I am reaching my limit. But I want to watch my words. Once they are out there, I can't take them back.

God, grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference.

No comments: