Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sleepy Kim

I have GOT to start going to bed earlier! Why, oh why, does Sex In The City have to come on at 11:00 and 11:30 every night? I love that show, and when they play it on basic cable, it's edited just enough to cut out all (well, most) of the things that make you blush, but keep in all of the awesome story lines. And they are currently showing the final season, most of which I haven't seen. How can I pass it up?

I know it's a controversial show, but I will say what I have always said. People who don't watch it think it is a show about sex, but really it is a show about relationships, romantic and friendly. Women connect to this show in a really special way. Every time I watch it, I think about my college roommates and the nights that we used to spend dancing on the bed or driving to Walmart (the only thing open past 10:00 in Arkadelphia) or watching Empire Records or You've Got Mail for the 100th time. I love the show for what it is, but I also love the show for where it takes me when I watch it.

But my point is, why can't I be like the rest of the modern world and TIVO it? Come on Kim... get with the program!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love it too! I think you kind of introduced me to it.