Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

The best thing about a three day weekend is it reminds me that I am more than my job.

During the summers, my job sort of takes over my life. We have a summer project that we do every year, and it is the part of my job that I am the best at... my chance to shine, I suppose. I enjoy the project, but it takes a lot out of me. Last summer I didn't have a day off between the 4th of July and Labor Day. This summer, I had 2 days off between the 4th of July and Labor Day. Two separate Sundays. So I always look forward to Labor Day. We don't work Labor Day weekend. In my six summers at my job, we have never made an exception to that rule... yet.

Brett and I had a busier weekend than we had hoped for... a few parties crept up at the last minute... but the most eventful thing this weekend happened today. We went to lunch with our mothers. It is the first time that my mother and I have shared a lunch with Brett and his mother. My niece, Madi, was with us and pretty much anytime Madi goes out to eat, she wants Chili's. But on the way to Chili's today, we showed Brett's mother where we will be having the ceremony. We hadn't mentioned the venue change yet because details were still up in the air.

I haven't done a wedding blog yet, but I will be posting one this week. However, I will say that this weekend I bought some reception decorations for the first time and it was so fun!!! Huge shout out to my mom, my sister Melanie, my niece Madilyn and my college roomie Jage for helping me trick the system at Ikea. One item per customer... nice try Ikea. You are no match for a bride on a mission!

No comments: