Friday, September 5, 2008

Mamma Mia

Last weekend I finally gave in and bought the Mamma Mia soundtrack.

My whole family went to see the movie together. I think we were hoping for another Hairspray. Instead we got another Sweeney Todd. A good movie, but one that cast actors and not singers, so as far as musicals go, it's nothing amazing. My mom and I both said that we would see Mamma Mia again because even though it was a bit awkward here and there, the music really was fun. When they sang "Dancing Queen" I wanted to get up and dance in the theater!

But back to the soundtrack... I finally decided to buy it and oh my goodness! I am having a blast listening to it in my car! This morning the title track "Mamma Mia" was playing when I got to work so that is the song that I have in my head. I have no doubt in my mind that, every time I go to the bathroom today, I will stop to dance to that song in front of the mirror. I've already done it once! I just need to learn the rest of the words. I only know the first verse and chorus.

No comments: