Sunday, September 14, 2008

Burn After Reading... Hurricane Ike

After a difficult week and a very frustrating Friday, I decided to leave work a little early to go see Burn After Reading. I thought it looked really funny, and I am always interested in the Coen brothers. I am happy to say that the movie did not disappoint. It was certainly funny. I went to a 5:15 showing, so the theater was probably only 30% full, but there were several moments when the room was full of slow giggles which turned into almost belly laughs. I enjoyed it very much. I should have expected a bit of violence, but it caught me by surprise. I don't think it would have bothered me at all if I had been expecting it, but one part in particular I thought was fairly brutal. It was quick, but still enough to leave me with a "Yikes!" for several hours.

It is a strong R for language, sexual topics and some violence. But it is funny. With a cast like that, I couldn't pass it up.


Topic #2
It is early Sunday evening and Brett and I are waiting to hear from our Houston friends. They stayed home and decided to ride out the storm, but now that Ike has come and gone, it looks like their development is not expecting to have power for two weeks or so, so they are currently nearing Dallas where we will be making them fajitas! (Using their meat that they salvaged from their freezer and our fixins). Brett had to hop online after Sunday school to find a way out of The Woodlands that was not blocked by flooding and then find a hotel here that would house the entire crew. So tonight we will be seeing our good friends, Chris and Marie and their awesome sons, Ryan and Josh. They also have Chris's mom and their dog, Blazer, with them, but we are not sure yet if we will get to see them or if they will be retreating to the quiet and comfort of the Days Inn.

Okay, I'm off to make cookies!

No comments: