Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Countdown

I can not remember the last time I was so ready to get to 6:00 on a Friday. I watched the clock all afternoon. But we made it! We survived! And I am officially on Christmas break!

Well sort of. I work at a private school, so our "break" means 2 non-curriculum weeks, so kids who miss won't be missing anything important - just fun. But we are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and I took Boxing Day (shout out) off, so that means this is the eve of my 5 day weekend!

So what has gone on this last month (or so) that I have failed to blog? Well, if it were anything exciting, I would have blogged about it. I've been sick. I had an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis, and the coughing lasted for WEEKS. Seriously. Weeks. Last night I slept through the night, praise the Lord, without waking up coughing. But man oh man, it's been rough. I can't remember the last time I was this sick for this long. I just couldn't shake it. But I'm feeling much better today.

I'm not going to relive the last month in this blog, but I will say I saw and loved The Hobbit. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. I totally recommend it. And I read The Mark of the Lion trilogy and enjoyed it very much. If you haven't heard of it, The Mark of the Lion is written by Francine Rivers, my favorite Christian fiction author. The more I read of hers, the more I like.

We also celebrated my mother in laws birthday, we had an awesome Christmas party with our church group, I had an awesome staff Christmas party, and there has been a lot of shopping and wrapping, which I love.

Tomorrow, we finish the shopping. Woohoo! I'm looking forward to it. I love to shop. I love giving gifts... it's totally my love language. So the shopping will be done by dinner tomorrow. Then Sunday is Brett's birthday. We are going to church, then going to Joe's Crab Shack (he's craving crab) and then playing the rest of the day. Christmas should be nice and easy. It's such a blessing having our families so near. And it will be great to have the day after Christmas off. I may shop a little, I will definitely clean some, and hopefully, I will have a new book to start reading!

I am wishing a very Merry Christmas for all of my friends and family. Thanks for sharing this year with me =-)

No comments: