Monday, October 11, 2010

I Still Love...

Looking at my wedding pictures =-) I just flipped through some on the computer looking for one in particular, and I LOVE all of the pics of me with my bridesmaids. I really am so blessed to have so many amazing women in my life. How did one girl get so lucky???

I also love Fall. I haven't written an I Heart Fall declaration blog yet, but I've enjoyed reading them on everyone else's blogs! Most of my reasons are the same:
1. The relief the cool weather brings after a long hot Texas Summer. And also the memories the cool weather stirs in me. Memories of football games after school at Crockett Junior High. They really are some of the best memories of my life. Back when freedom came in the form of being unsupervised on metal bleachers for an hour and a half cheering for friends who weren't old enough to thing that they were cooler than me because they were on a team and I was in the choir. Go Cougars =-)
2. The colors. Not just the leaves, though I could stare at the leaves for hours. But the sweaters! The purses! The jewel tones that are always in season when the air turns cool. I'm in LOVE with these colors! They sing to me!
3. The pumpkin flavors at Starbucks. This is a BIG one for me! I love pumpkin! In fact, has anyone else been fighting the urge to hoard pumpkin now that it is finally back in the grocery store??? It was really hard to only buy one can this weekend.
4. The Holiday. There are a lot of sub-points to this point. I love Halloween. I love the costumes, the candy, and the fantasy that goes along with dressing up and celebrating. I love the movies – Hocus Pocus, The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and most of all, The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's the great crossover film: half Halloween, half Christmas. Which leads me to my next sub-point. I love Halloween because it feels like the beginning of my FAVORITE THING EVER... Christmas =-) I love Christmas. I love it for a million reasons. And once Halloween is here, Christmas is just around the corner, ya know???

I also am very in love with my husband these days. I'm always in love with him, but the last few days have been especially sweet. He brought me roses at work on Friday, by the way. Just thought I'd mention that =-)

Okay, back to my emails. Just wanted to stop and say I love things. haha!

No comments: