Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Already?

I'm so thankful... my week is going well. Points-wise and in general. I have had a couple of foods flirt with me a little, but I showed them my wedding ring and kept right on moving.

Monday and Tuesday I used my points exactly. Monday was the first day in a loooong time to stay within points. But I did. And then I did it again Tuesday, EVEN with a trip to Starbucks. The tall skinny vanilla latte is greatness! Who knew? Yesterday I went a point over, but it was an accident. I didn't realize it until after the fact. My food got a little mixed up when I found out I don't really like mangoes. I bought one this week because they were on sale. I think that I tasted a friend's mango once in college and liked it, but that is a very vague memory. I'm not sure if my mango was completely ripe yesterday. Parts of it were a little easier to slice than others. My first thought when I popped a bite in my mouth was "weird texture"! Mangos have no texture! Completely smooth. And juicy... so it felt kind of slimy. But I pushed that word out of my head and kept chewing, and it was good. And then I swallowed. What's with the aftertaste? It was like I accidentally sprayed perfume in my mouth. I gave it several bites, but in the end had to let it go. My co-worker said to try it mixed with another fruit. I might.

I didn't have any hot water this morning, so I didn't wash my hair, only my body, so I don't have to dry my hair, so I had time for a quick post. How's that for a run-on sentence??? =-)

Brett woke up coughing. He started lightly coughing yesterday afternoon but it wasn't too bad last night after he had a dose of meds. This morning was rough though. He hurried off to work because that's where his daytime medicine is right now. He wasn't really happy about going to work sick, but how can you call in sick when you've just had 7 days off? Seriously?

Hope everyone's week is going well. I'll be back tomorrow with a weigh-in.

No comments: