Monday, April 20, 2009

A Whirlwind Weekend

My weekend wasn't non-stop action, but goodness gracious! It flew by!

Friday was tricky. We had exciting plans! I was going to leave work and go pick up Madi for a slumber party! Then she and I were going to pick up Brett and then head to Chili's to eat with some of our favorite amigos, Kelly, Steven and Alexis. Then we were going to all go see Monsters Vs. Aliens. Not only do I want to see that movie because it looks super cute and we watched a "making of" on our honeymoon, but I haven't been to a movie in a long time, and I love movies! I love going to a movie. I love sitting in the dark, completely invisible for two hours, and entering someone else's world for a bit. But early Friday morning it was apparent that those plans were not going to work out exactly. Brett had a really rough day that was unfortunately, proceeded by a couple of rough days at work. It wasn't a good week. He knew by lunchtime that he wasn't up for socializing. But I couldn't cancel on Madi, and I didn't want to cancel on Kelly! I feel like I've done that too many times, and I don't want to wear out my welcome =-( And my week wasn't exactly easy either, so I was really looking forward to some time with friendly faces at the end of my work week. So we compromised. Madi and I went to dinner with the Prices (Madi LOVES Alexis) and then we went our separate ways. It was really good to see our friends. Kelly and Steven always make me laugh, and they can be so sweet to each other without even thinking about it. I liked watching Steven play with Kel's hair. =-)

So after a very tasty and very entertaining dinner, Madi and I went to pick up Brett. I was hoping she would cheer him up, and at the beginning of the evening, she definitely did the trick. A little less so when it was late and she was fussy but not wanting to sleep yet. But we had a lot of fun. We went to Target to look for toys for all of us =-) I got the new Hungry Girl cookbook, and Madi got a Littlest Pet Shop set and a $5 movie. After Target we headed to Best Buy because Brett didn't find the game that he was looking for. We didn't find it at Best Buy either, but we did find Pinocchio on Blu-Ray, which Brett really wanted. On our way home we stopped at Sonic for ice cream.

It was a fun slumber party. There was a little drama surrounding our movie situation. Madi is going through a very interesting phase. She can't stand to watch anything or anyone get hurt. A few weeks ago when the girl in Sandlot 2 punched a boy who was teasing her, Melanie and I had to stop Madi's hysterics by showing her how to fake punching someone. Actually we showed her the hand by the face slap. There was also a break down last week when the lion in Madagascar eats a baby duck. Madi loves baby ducks! Well, in our movie Friday night, a boy pretended like he was going to feed a mouse to a snake. Oh dear. Bad news. We had to stop the movie. Madi's tears didn't get too out of hand, but there were a lot of questions about what Aunt Jenna feeds her snake! I told her different snakes eat different things and left it at that.

Saturday we had a wedding to go to. My cousin Michael got married at 11:00. I love early weddings because when they are over, we still have most of a day to do other things. After the wedding Brett and I went to lunch and then to a comic shop where we found exactly what we were looking for! The rest of the day, we took it easy, playing games and watching flicks and reading. I love just BEING with Brett. Just relaxing. It was great.

Sunday we rested. I did some cleaning and coupon cutting and we made a grocery list. Then we rejoined Weight Watchers, which I am really happy about. Then we went to dinner at my parent's house. We couldn't have Easter dinner last week because Jenna had her wisdom teeth taken out on Good Friday. We had a great time yesterday hunting eggs that Madi hid (while we were all sitting and watching her. It was hilarious) and eating tasty ham.

Brett and I ended our weekend by praying together for direction and peace and guidance. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend. I hope that this week we see God's blessings around us and in our life.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sounds like a very full weekend. Hope this week is better for you both. Let me know if there is anything I can pray for you about.