Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One Month Married =-)

A month ago today, I said "I do". Well, actually, there was no actual "I do" in our ceremony. So I guess I should say that a month ago today I took Brett as my lawfully wedded husband. I can't believe it's already been a month. Time flies!

It's been a good month. I can't say that it was or wasn't what I expected, because I had no idea what to expect. I don't know how it happened... I never would have imagined that this was possible, but somehow, being married made me love Brett more. I am just so thankful. It's a little ridiculous. The silliest things make me emotional. I come close to tears so often. Happy tears, but it's so funny. Last night sitting on the couch watching Star Trek with Brett, I wanted to cry! It's just so nice to BE there. To be with Brett and not have to leave. He is mine forever, and I am utterly bewildered by God's blessings.

I love when we laugh together. I love sleeping in together. I love staying up together. I love every minute of it. I know that these feelings will fade over time, at least most people say that it will, but right now, I am so thankful for this joy.

Tomorrow I am going to get my name changed. Eek!

No comments: